The Radical Secular presents a special bonus episode with Christophe Difo and Sean Prophet, guesting on the Blinded by the Light Podcast with Bayard Lewis and Justice Bartlett. This episode was taped on November 19, 2020, and was originally posted November 24, 2020.
We discuss the process of leaving cults and harmful religions. We dive into their personal stories of leaving Church Universal and Triumphant and how they came to terms with embracing a more healthy worldview.
– Stories behind the scenes of the CUT hierarchy
– Rationalizing the failure of prophecy
– How bomb shelter lunacy led to disillusionment
– Hypocrisy that undermined legitimacy
– How homophobia can undermine fundamentalism and be a tipping point for people to leave religions.
– How physical distance from believers helps one to break free
– Inner conflict about social justice
– The Just World fallacy – Taming the voice of shame
– How members were publicly shamed for normal sexuality
– Sexual repression
– Inability to discuss life issues with family members
– Hidden rage, anger, and insecurity of messengers
– A cosmic/spiritual caste system
Blinded by the Light Podcast